We’ve put together this quick pre-let checklist for landlords to ensure your property is in the best condition for let:
- Is the exterior of the property clean and tidy? Pay attention to gutters, fascias, and windows, as well as gardens and driveways.
- Is the interior of the property clean? We would always recommend a professional clean before a tenancy is due to start as this sets the standard to which you can hold the tenants during the tenancy.
- Have any items been left in the property that aren’t really necessary? Unless otherwise agreed, new tenants are unlikely to want old curtains, toothbrush holders, spare picture hooks, or bits and pieces of cutlery left by previous tenants.
- Is the interior decorated in neutral colours? Certain properties might be suited to different types of tenants, but you still want to keep your market as open as possible. Viewers need to be able to imagine themselves living there.
- Have any maintenance issues been dealt with? Obvious maintenance issues will put viewers off, and it isn’t too pleasant for anyone concerned to be dealing with on-going maintenance as a tenancy starts.
If you’re looking for a letting agent and would like some personalised advice on presenting your property to attract your ideal tenants, we can help. Please give the McCartan team a call in the office on 01792 430100, or click here to book your free 1 hour property consultation online with us now.